The brand new Gill Park playlot is now open to the public! On Wednesday, October 3rd City of Chicago First Lady Amy Rule, 46th Ward Alderman James Cappleman the Chicago Park District, Chicago Cubs Charities and the Northalsted Business Alliance held a ribbon-cutting ceremony at the newly revamped playlot.
The new playground designed by Site Design features:
- Varied terrain, including brightly colored, poured-in-place rubber and artificial turf climbing mounds;
- Maze columns;
- 4 new slides, including a rail slide;
- 6 new swings (three belt swings, two tot swings and one ADA swing)
- A multi-deck play structure with monkey bars;
- A “parkour” play structure;
- Balance posts, balance beams and a spinner seat;
- Nature play elements including log beams, log stumps and upside down trees.
The area around the playlot also received upgrades, with a new four-foot ornamental fence and gate, outcropping stone seating areas and a picnic table.