Gather your kids and family and head out to the Gill Park playout on Halsted Street in the city of Boystown Chicago. have your kids enjoy a good old walk in the park and some games that will have them entertained and blowing off some steam in no time. The Gill Park has been equipped with fascinating slides, including rail slides, for your kids’ joy and extraordinary swings that will have them screaming their lungs out from enjoyment. We also can’t forget to mention the newly equipped climbing mounds, maze columns, monkey bars nature play elements, and many more games that will help your adventurous kids feed their imagination and have an exercise while they play with their friends. Furthermore, the area around the playout has a new four-foot ornamental fence and gate, outcropping stone seating areas, and a picnic table which makes this place a great way to catch up with your other friends while your kids run around and have a ball. Come on down and visit the Gill Park in the great city of Boystown, Chicago on Halsted Street.
The brand new Gill Park playlot is now open to the public! On Wednesday, October 3rd City of Chicago First Lady Amy Rule, 46th Ward Alderman James Cappleman the Chicago Park District, Chicago Cubs Charities and the Northalsted Business Alliance held a ribbon-cutting ceremony at the newly revamped playlot.
The new playground designed by Site Design features:
- Varied terrain, including brightly colored, poured-in-place rubber and artificial turf climbing mounds;
- Maze columns;
- 4 new slides, including a rail slide;
- 6 new swings (three belt swings, two tot swings and one ADA swing)
- A multi-deck play structure with monkey bars;
- A “parkour” play structure;
- Balance posts, balance beams and a spinner seat;
- Nature play elements including log beams, log stumps and upside down trees.
The area around the playlot also received upgrades, with a new four-foot ornamental fence and gate, outcropping stone seating areas and a picnic table.